Saturday, June 15, 2019

For the Love of Books

I always say that I'm all about books, writers, and readers. That's been my heart since I was telling stories on my grandmother's lap, making up stuff to embarrass my parents and get my brother into trouble.

So, in an effort to continue that focus, I am opening up my blog to spotlight authors who have upcoming releases. My goal is to post a new interview about an upcoming or recently released book every Wednesday. I'm currently have those booked through September, and I'll open up an invitation in August for more.

No, I don't have a lot of readers (yet) on this blog. But I have a good social media presence, and, of course, the authors can share on their own social media. Y'see, gone are the days when a majority of readers find new authors through browsing the shelves at the local bookstore. Today, the key to discoverability is word-of-mouth. Reaching out to the readers where they are.

This is my small effort to help with that. And if you have ideas for me on improving this effort, I'm open to them. Let's all help each other find the best reads and the most engaging authors.

The first interview will launch this Wednesday. So look for each of these features, which I'll be calling Author, Center Stage.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea Ramona. This just showed in my FB page today. I know I’ve read your blog in the past. I’m not sure if I’m a subscriber. I don’t see a subscribe button via my cell view.

    ReplyDelete